Fred is a front-end editing system for resources. Its official documentation can be found here. As of this writing, there is only one example Fred theme, the Fred Creative One-Page Theme, which is available in the MODX Extras and can be installed from the Manager's Installer of a MODX site.
While there are general descriptions and explanations in the official docs, there's also a lot left out that can leave a beginning Fred developer in a state of frustration and confusion. This set of recipes will try to help clear up some of the details and options that the docs don't get into.
- How to Configure a Simple Image TV for Fred
- Using pThumb with Image Elements
- A Tutorial on Creating a Fred Theme
- Putting Snippets In Fred Elements
- MODX Tags in Code Snippets with Fred